Monday, September 7, 2009

Now for a real long run

First off, welcome back to Brian - glad to see that he's found time to blog his runs. With 60 days left until the marathon, I'm sure he'll have enough time to train to be ready for the big day. More importantly, it's been lonely here without the other author.

Long Run on Sunday - HRM is busted (see a pattern here?) so there's no heart rate info. Ran much slower than I'd hoped, although the second course was 0.08 longer than 10 miles.

Actually ran in two bits, with a change of shirt, shoes, and socks in between. I also got to put my daughter to bed, well kiss her, so that felt good. It will be important to have friends and family around the course to keep me encouraged.

Times are in the following graph - not that I was walking 1 min per mile and that I caught the light at the Manhattan bridge for a entire minute on mile 19 (thus the sluggishness). This graph really shows the hills - 2, 9, 14, & 19 - well the bridges. So I need to do a better job of being consistent there.

Finally, I'm hopeful that I can get my per min time down well below 9 mins per mile. But if I can't there's always 2010. I'm doing what I can to stay fit and I am hopeful that the next 50 days or so turn out to be fruitful for my training. Regardless, I know that I can finish this race now. I know that my gear works and that I'm strong enough mentally and physically to do it. So now the training is simply and purely for speed - and that's an ego thing anyway. Just finishing the first one will be enough for now.








No comments:

Post a Comment