Monday, October 19, 2009

20 Mile Long Run



WOW. All I can say. Felt great to get out an log some serious miles on Saturday. Recovery wasn't too bad....feet are a little sore as were the knees, but nothing crippling and I'm up and moving fine today.



Was feeling great in the cooler weather. Basically chose to do about a 3 min walk every 1/2 hour which brought down my total time, but was very please. Did the first 13.1 miles in about 2:06 which was faster than my Queen's Half.

My primary goal is to finish the Marathon on the first - I'm confident in that one.
Secondary goal is to run it in under 5 hours...pretty good for that one...and I'm on track to do about a 4:30 race which would make me ecstatic!

Though I swore I would never run another marathon if I finished this one I'm starting to doubt that conviction a little these last few weeks as the event draws nearer!

No comments:

Post a Comment