Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day - Sag Harbor Run with Diane

Traveling and running are always simultaneously challenging and incredibly rewarding. This staycation we went to Sag Harbor to visit Steph's sister, and fellow NYRR runner, Diane. Today Diane and I went out (and back) for a 7.84 miler. Pedometer link can be found here -

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=245435

Showing that I am, in general, willing to run anywhere – here we're on the exact opposite tip of Long Island from our house. Special thanks to Steph (and Dylan) for staying home and keeping the home fire burning, literally!, while we ran.

Details:

Pace – “Recovery” – averaged 8:41 min per mile

Heart Rate – 155 average (much, much slower than race pace, which is good)

General overall – felt strong, could most certainly have gotten up into double digits at that pace without trouble

Niggly injury update – the outside of my left arch has been bugging me, especially on longer runs, but it didn't bother me at all. I also have a very slight strain on my right quad, which again didn't bother me during this run – save the end when it reappeared in a much less naggy way – will stretch and hope for the best here

1 comment:

  1. Josh,

    You should have more runs like this with Steph's sister at this stage of your training because having somebody else with you controls better the pace (assuming that you chatted during the run). I know the slow pace may feel boring but aerobic runs are most useful in base conditioning.

    Try avoiding almost-race paced longer tempo runs (20 minutes and longer) until about 4 months to your key spring race: I would suggest picking up a April-May half-marathon for a key spring race in 2009.

    Regards,
    Mika

    ReplyDelete