Sunday, March 29, 2009

Back in the Brooklyn/NYC Saddle Again!

It's good to be home. Went out for my typical training run and ended up competing a good one. Misty, threatening rain the entire time...but I made it and did a pretty good job.



Details -

Distance: 9.33 miles
Time: 1:14:30
Pace: 8 min per mile (spot on)

Only real comment is that I'd thought that my original version of this included a trip around City Hall, so I ran around City Hall after coming out of the South Street Seaport. Turns out that loop is new and different from before. Compare this result to my run on March 11th - there I ran 8.71 miles in 1:13. Here I did 9.33 in a minute longer. Again I didn't 'push it' at all, just nice and steady and easy. Felt great. Excellent to be back at it. Perhaps those hills that I ran in Belgium paid dividends on this run? I felt a slightly better push off during my stride and definitely maintained a better cadence than before.

A final thought - I signed up for the 100 miles in 31 days Challenge at MapMyRun.com. So I have 31 days from today to get the 100 miles in. I'm at 9.33 - so I have 90.67 miles to go. I figure that I can average 3.3 miles per day for this next month...why not? It's a good challenge at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment