Saturday, March 21, 2009

The hills of Genval

Ran twice around the Lake (Lac) with Dom(e) Hein aka Pierre. After the warm up, headed to the long hill that my hosts used to live on. Then, in around 4 minutes per go I ran up hill 0.4 miles on average each time. After each run I walked back to the lowest point and started again. The best news was that I ran the last loop as quickly as any of the others.

Today my bum hurts, so perhaps I made some progress, perhaps. I'll throw these kinds of runs into my weekly pursuit of completing the 2009 Marathon as I hear that it's important to push the lower body's muscle groups vis-a-vis hill runs like this.

Given all the walking the time frame of the workout isn't really relevant. Although I did beat my time from the day before on the laps of the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment