Sunday, March 8, 2009

Long holiday from running & travel as well


I've been quiet on the streets and quiet on the blog for some time.

First of all, I've managed to come back from my UK, France, UK trip with a cold. Second, I suppose that it's good to take some time off on the knees every now and again.

First the surf trip

Went on a short jog around Tooting Bec with Dr. Thom of Dr. Thom's Clinic. We jogged for about 3 miles and called it a day.

Later that Friday, we flew to France and surfed south of where we were staying in Biarritz. Since I didn't catch any waves there, I won't tell you where I was.

Saturday was different. Following our resident LK (Local Knowledge) we went on this trip:
Surfed for two sessions of a total of 4 hours (2.5 plus 1.5)
Caught too many waves and they were long ones. Can conclude that running does zero for one's upper body - at least not mine. So I struggled. But the cold water didn't help either.

Had a blast, came back sick - what can you do? Wanted to run today (first day that I felt up to it) but didn't/couldn't find the time with my Mom leaving town (thanks Mom!) and a trip to our cousin's to get some baby clothes.

Shots of the surf trip - here

No comments:

Post a Comment