Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finally a run during the week....

Wow....been a long time. After my sore knees got better (only a week or so) and my broken toe healed (it's been 6 or 7 weeks now) I finally committed to get back out there even if it means giving up some sleep time.

I ran the Colon Challenge cuz I signed up, but the 15k after not running for a month was brutal on me and my toe was complaining most of the way. Despite that I was pleased with my time and ran a consistent 10min/mile pace. You can see from the photos that I was suffering though...






Yesterday morning I was up at 6:30 and hit the pavement. Here are the stats:



you can see that I did have to walk a couple of times - I went out a little too hard at first, and had to do the first walk, then the second one...just lazy I guess....the third walk, I manage to power up a major hill without walking which pushed my HR over 180 so I had to walk that one off before jogging the long hill back down to home.

Grabbed a quick shower, saw the kids, talked to Susan then zoom out the door to make it through the 60+min commute to the office in time for 9am. Today I took a day off. My legs are a little sore but my knees and toe both feel fine and I'm in better spirits in general. Will hit the pavement again tomorrow for another run.

Here's the map of my route:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2753532 apparently my nike+ is off a bit as it logged me in at less mileage than the map reads. My footpod on my HR was a little more accurate tracking me at 3.95miles and a 9:55 pace. In the end, I ran, didn't die and am psyched to get up and go again tomorrow so I'm not going to worry about the small mileage and pace differentials!

More Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment