Friday, April 10, 2009

Scotland Run warmup - Maintenance Drop

Ran to drop off the monthly maintenance and just kept running. Stayed in the 145 - 155 bpm band - using my new hrm band.



Time taken - 44 mins

Generally pretty uneventful, save the fact that I'm nearly two minutes faster at this relatively sane bpm band relative to when I started slowing down to go faster. It is amazing how long it takes to improve and then how quickly the results build up.

Tomorrow's the Scotland 10k - last year I did it in 48:24. I can safely say that I will crush this PR tomorrow. Last year I ran with my good friend Mika. We ran that race like this:

Mile 1: 9:25 (huge crowds to manage at the start)
Mile 2: 8:00
Mile 3: 8:05
Mile 4: 7:35
Mile 5: 7:25
Mile 6: 7:20
Last: 1:30 (I hope that works out)

Average pace 7:48 - My PR is 7:47 from December 7th.

I don't want to put too much pressure on, but I do expect to perform considerably better in this race tomorrow. Let's see where the splits come in. I am going to go out on a limb and predict a finish of around 46 minutes or thereabouts. My personal goal from a long, long time ago was to run a 45 minute 10k. I've clearly never done that, but tomorrow I might just go out and try.

No comments:

Post a Comment