Sunday, April 19, 2009

Who needs the subway? Ran to the race and then ran the race.

While preparing for today's race last night I learned that it's about the same amount of time to run to Central Park as it is to take the subway. This is particularly true with weekend service delays.

So before running in the official race I jogged up to the start - which left me relatively tired and without a number (didn't have enough time before the start). So I comfortably snugged in with the back of the pack and awaited the start.


4 miles and a little over 31 minutes later I was done. Of course this is much, much slower than my recent PR. But I was proud to finish (these were miles 6.6 through 10.6 run today - so from that perspective not bad). Also, my last 1/2 was run at above an 8 min per mile pace, so compared to that I was moving...


Last Name

Overall
Place

Gender
Place

Age
Place

Finish
Time

Pace/
Mile


AG %
PARKS 1662 1369 275 31:21 7:50 55.2 %

Still I never felt in the groove today and fighting all the people (even though I passed a pretty good number of folks, which felt good) took its toll.

Next week will be better and I'll run more than this week. Also, I'm looking forward to running in Vienna at the end of the month!

I think I can get my per mile down to somewhere in the mid-7's (7:35) for these longer runs. But even the progression from 8:05 to 7:50 is okay considering how I felt.

Needless to say, I took the subway home! The $2 was well spent and so was I.

No comments:

Post a Comment