Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Downtown NY 3 miler

A funny thing happened on the way to this race - I actually decided to race it, which, in retro-retrospect was stupid. The entire idea was to enjoy running through the financial district - a race that I missed last year due to a business trip.

So without enough recovery from my long run, I managed to race through this literally and was focused completely on running and did very little sighseeing. Now maybe that begs the question of whether you can sightsee with 4,600 other people anyway.


Sex/
Age


Bib


Team

Overall
Place

Gender
Place

Age
Place

Finish
Time

Pace/
Mile
M36 1533 BRRC 495 445 93 21:25 7:08

For some reason I thought this race was a 5 k...

But I did manage to keep the pace and I did manage to get in front of the horde so that the start/race wasn't a total waste (key without corrals). So I planned my work and worked my plan, an important development as I sometimes 'lose focus' during the race and slow down (never stop, though!).

Pretty neat, but I think that next year I'll buy a $5 suit and run with a briefcase or something.

Heart rate was high - in the 175 zone on average, but with a nice maintenance pace of 172 at sub 7 miles for the first mile plus, so that felt good.

Tomorrow's a rest day - and I might just rest on Thursday too, too much City street pounding in too short of a time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment