Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Getting into the rhythm thanks to Jay

So I've found a new running partner. Jay met Susan through acting and he's a morning person looking to get fit, so he's happy to hop the train over to PS in the morning and hit the park loop for 40min. This is great motivation for me to get up and I always like running with someone rather than alone.

We ran yesterday, today and plan another run tomorrow. On the weekend we'll do our own long runs then back to the routine during the week together. I'm running just under 10min pace, which is fine for my mid-week runs right now. The plan is to stretch it out to 5 miles next week, then use interval training and some sprint work to get our speed up to about 8:30 over the course of the next few weeks.

My plan for this Sat is a nice 8 mile run at ~10 min pace, then some more biking for x-training on Sunday. Feeling good these days and the early sunrise is helping that for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment