Saturday, May 16, 2009

Healthy Kidney Long Run

I'm just not keen on the subway! Ran to the race - using the old link - although the route this time was up Broadway. Click here for last route.

Last time I did this I was sluggish on the run there and felt horrid on the run at the park. This time, I felt okay on the run there and great on the run in the park.


Overall
Place

Gender
Place

Age
Place

Finish
Time

Split
Time

Pace/
Mile

AG
Time
AG
Gender
Place


AG %
1353 1140 213 47:45 0:23:40 7:42 46:27 1377 57.7 %

Remember, that I'd run over 6.5 miles before the race even started - in around 49 minutes this time...so these were miles 7-13

Race Mile :
1: 7:30
2: 7:30
3: 8:07 (hill)
4: 7:47
5: 7:37
6: (didn't catch)

my Finish of 47:45 was only 2:30 slower than my last 10k (which was fresh)
It was almost 40 seconds faster than my 2008 Scotland run, which was run with pacing from my unofficial coach (although we got super jammed at the start and ran a 9:30+ first mile). It was 30 seconds faster than the same course run in December, when I was just coming back from being off with Dylan's birth. And it was more than 30 seconds faster PER MILE than the last time I ran 10k before a 10k for a warm up.

A wonderful moment in the race: 10 mins into the race the very light rain picked up and it POURED. Just long enough for me to get through two of the three significant uphills. For some reason - must be the difference between good days running and bad days running - I welcomed the rain and took it literally in stride. It must have been good for everybody as the guy who won the race broke the course record too.

One more thought, while I didn't run a negative split in this race, I didn't really fade either. This is interesting especially when you realize the high miles that the second half of this race represented since I'd left my house. So I'm very pleased with that!

Thus I'm really looking forward to the Brooklyn Half at the end of the month. I hope to shatter my PR for the 1/2. Let's see

Additionally, my legs don't hurt as much as they have, and I'm hoping at least part of that is having the right shoes...

Brian and Diane also ran very good races, but I'll let them tell their tales.

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment