Saturday, May 23, 2009

Shoulda been simple - Brooklyn 1/2 Prep run

This one should have been straight forward - go to Prospect Park, run to the corner, find Ocean Parkway, run to Coney Island to prep for the race. The only problem is that I left out of the WRONG exit and one can't just run down Ocean Parkway without a car...disaster ensued, but only a small disaster.

Definitely didn't do it in the time I'd hoped. But then again, I didn't run the 6.1 or so miles I'd planned either. The upside is that the part outside the Park next weekend is going to be pancake flat!

If I'd run another 1/4 turn around the Park all would have been so much better, you see...

8.9 miles in 1:22 or so, not my fastest performance. Oh yeah, Ocean Parkway simply never ends...but I'm glad to know that now (improving the mental game, huh?)...

No comments:

Post a Comment