Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Twofer in Del Mar yield excellent results

Ran two days in Del Mar - on different routes, but I can't be bothered to map the second day and will instead use the map from the first day as a stand in. Two interesting features:

First, thanks to my Mom for riding her bike along side my run to keep me company. She kept at it and by the end had me beat. She started out slowly, so I had a nice chance to converse with her - when she wasn't too far behind, which wasn't much of the time. Then she figured out the gearing and was flying at 7 mins per mile pace. Lucky that I've been running negative splits as I punched it into high gear to get it done at the higher interval.

Second, iIn fact, and I'm not sure what happened in the translation to the computer, but the watch was showing that I ran 6:30 per mile for one of the splits. The lap times on the computer are modest at around 7:13 or so, not the 6:40 that I thought I saw. I'll caulk it up to runners' euphoria...but the lower temp and zero humidity equated to a wonderful run. All told I was very, very pleased.

6.5 (from footpod)


5.2 (from footpod, different course)
MapMyRun.com - Quick Run: Quick San Diego run on 08/26/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment