Friday, July 3, 2009

4 miles today - 1/2 marathon tomorrow

Just a quick 4 miles around BH tonight.
Not too slow at just under 8 min miles.
Tomorrow is the big one - a 1/2 marathon jaunt to get the official training started.

Tonight's effort managed to stay at a comfortable 160 average pace - that will mark my top end effort for tomorrow's run. I was going to run down the West Side from the GWB - but that's off as it's 4th and it will be CROWDED with folks. So I'll probably run loops around the old neightborhood just for fun.

I'll wear my fluid belt for the first time, so it probably makes sense to stay close to home and just take it all in...

Too bad Brian's not around, otherwise I'd go over to his, run around the park twice and then come home. a perfect half course, that.

Happy Fourth, one of the best holidays of the year, by far.
Got to be Patriotic, especially this year with Mr. Obama in the White House - and you thought that was a temporary condition...to quote a bit of the OTHER Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment