Friday, July 10, 2009

Morning dicipline pays off in evening quick run

Ran a new, flat 5 miler route this evening (after the 5 spot this morning). Had my headphones on which nearly cancel out all sounds - not necessarily a good idea on dark, 9 p.m. roads (but I was careful).

Was moving - at around 7:45 miles per minute - which doesn't sound fast and really isn't fast until I tell you that I was only pumping at 159 BPM - which is much, much lower than I usually do at this speed. Add in that I'd run 5 miles this a.m. and I'm pretty excited about the result!

Final thought - I recovered down to 112 (average 114) bpm 2 mins after the run was complete and the only hill on the course is right before the finish (significantly elevating my heart rate right at the end of the run).

New course:

No comments:

Post a Comment