Thursday, July 30, 2009

BH to Redhook, return via Smith Street: Slow recovery run on 07/30/2009

I have been reading about ways to spice up and break up the training and this one was a real winner. Run a mile, walk a minute or a bit longer. Funny thing is, I was actually FASTER than many of my recent recovery style runs. 9:15 average, including walks - so that's not bad. I decided against the mile 5 walk as I'd gotten into a rhythm and just wanted to be done. The average heart rate of 144 is a bit deceiving because of all the breaks. I can't wait to do this on my long run this weekend. A note, due to the weather and a dinner commitment last night, I took an extra rest day this week and distributed the miles to the other workout days.

MapMyRun.com - Recovery: Slow recovery run on 07/30/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment