Saturday, July 18, 2009

Steph's Birthday Long Run

Was my Wife's birthday so I went out on a long run in the evening - after taking her to an undisclosed location for her birthday celebration. Wonderful day and a nice way to end it.

Ran 14.21 of the goal 15 miles for today. It wasn't my legs, nor my heart that was bad this time, it was the pounding in my knees - ACL to be exact. So I ended a couple of hundred meters early - who cares? Perhaps someone will flame me for that, but I'm a big guy and I figure that the Mapmyrun distance thing is sometimes off. So I'm happy with my run.

9:51 min per mile pace
Note that I walked at 16, 36, 54, 1:19; 1:35; and then again around 2
each for about two mins on the early and 3 mins on the later
Kept my heart rate down on the average, but also noticeably kept it down at pace following the start back up. Was in the 141 - 144 range for much of the West side, 144 - 149 for the Bowery. Ticked up in the dark on the FDR side path and pushed it pretty hard over the Manhattan Bridge (168) but it felt great. Note that the highest rate recorded was 170.

The map may be impressive on this one, particularly if you're not living in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment